- To create awareness among the general people regarding the maintenance of ecological balance in the neighborhood.
- Preserve and restoration of ecological balance within N.E. India.
- To educate the school children regarding the conservation aspects of Nature and to inculcate to them love for wildlife and natural habitat as a whole.
- To maintain an Interstate and International Network of independent Non Governmental Organizations for their expertise in Biodiversity Conservation and provide a forum for the exchange of views on wildlife and population of conservation as a whole.
- To curtail and eliminate the trade of wildlife by public awareness and by legal procedures.
- To understand problems in few rural areas adjacent to national parks, wildlife sanctuaries and other forests and to prepare and implement appropriate project for integrated rural development so as to minimize peoples’ dependence on forest resources.
- To foster scientific applied research in the field of biodiversity and environment that would provide new avenues for sustainable livelihood generation.